E-Commerce is all about making money on the web. For most of us, it’s the ultimate reason that we put so much time and effort into building a website, especially a good website. It includes setting up shopping carts, taking and receiving orders, transferring money to bank accounts, and even working with membership payments. It also includes security!
A special note here. You do not have to own your own product to make money on the internet. There are hundreds of thousands of products and companies who need you to sell their products. It is all about focus and customer relationships.
This video will give an overview of what are the parts of making money on the web. First, we will quickly discuss the basic parts of taking orders. Then we will briefly cover the shopping carts and other account types. You will want to watch other videos specifically about getting started with each of the different shopping carts (that we recommend) and other affiliate accounts.
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) (Critical for online security!)
- Merchant Accounts (I absolutely recommend PowerPay!)
- Payment Processor (Authorize.net)
- Bank Transfers
- Shopping Carts (There are hundreds, but these are the ones I use for different purposes.)
- PayPal. I use this for basic transactions. You should use a Website Standard business account.
- E-junkie. Excellent for very-easily building your own shopping cart, but it is very good for digital downloads, and includes a built-in affiliate program. Don’t overlook this little gem.
- WP e-Commerce Plugin for WordPress. This is a free, but quite powerful shopping cart. It is relatively easy to set up and will handle a fairly complex shopping cart.
- 3d-Cart. I have relied on this shopping cart for several websites. The features are extensive and includes a very good Customer Resource Management Tool.
- 1-Shopping Cart. This may be the King of the Hill for shopping carts. The very big marketers use this because of its ability to integrate affiliates and many other powerful features. It is highly rated . . . almost an industry standard. But I have never felt the need to pay the fairly high monthly fees.
- I have used several other free and purchased shopping carts which run on my own servers.
- Affiliate Marketing
- Commission Junction
- Order Fulfillment
- Customer Management
[flowplayer src=’http://c684651.r51.cf2.rackcdn.com/eCommerce-Introduction.mp4′ width=800 height=600]
Video Text has not been transcribed yet.